Benaroya Data Center Boise, Idaho
Data Center Decomissioning
Overview:Iron Flag Power Systems (IFPS) provided a complete turn-key decommissioning and removal of a Data Center. Purchased, de-installed and removed the equipment specified below.
1. Generators – Disconnected, de-installed and removed (4) Cummins Diesel generators.
- (3) Cummins 1750kw Diesel Generators. Enclosed with base tanks. Models – DQKB5568337 SN# – 1020418328 / 8329 / 8330
- (1) Cummins 1250kw Diesel Generator. Open skid/ Model- 1250DFLC SN# – 1970648343
- Associated ATS’s
- Removed electrical feeds and distribution associated with generators.
2. UPS – (4) Liebert Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS)
- (3) Liebert 750kva UPS Modules (East wing) – Models – UDA33750A36H000
- (1) Liebert 500kva UPS (West wing) – Model – UDA63500A27A024
- All associated batteries, battery monitoring, MBP and disconnect cabinets
3. AC, Coolers, & Condensers – Liebert Computer Room AC units & dry-coolers/condensers
- East Wing:
- (14) Liebert CRACs Model – FE240G
- (4) Model DE240G
- (4) Liebert Mini-mates
- West Wing:
- (13) Liebert CRACs Model – FE240G
- (12) Bell & Gossett Pumps
- Associated dry-coolers
4. York & Carrier RTU’s – Removed all specified RTU’s
5. PDU’s – Liebert PDU’s 150kva
- East wing: (17) Liebert Model – PPA150C
- West wing: (~10) Liebert PPA150C
6. Raised Access Flooring including understructure
- 18,000 square feet 2-3 years old, Tate CCN1250, 2-foot pedestals, concrete filled (East wing)
- 12,000 square feet, old wood core filled, 1-foot pedestals, (West Wing)
- Including all understructure and ramps.
- All pipes, conduit, cabling, etc. beneath the floor, leaving a bare concrete floor.
7. Electrical Data – All electrical data center distribution associated with the generators, UPS’s, PDU’s, CRAC units, ATS, transformers, and other data center equipment being removed.
Distribution switchgear, sub-panels, panel boards, motor control cabinets, Automatic Transfer
Switches, MBP, transformers, Paralleling Gear and / or any other electrical switchgear and equipment directly associated with data center equipment being removed.
8. All Electrical Feeds: IFPS will remove and recycle AC wire associated with all electrical distribution (switchgear), Generators, ATS’s, UPS’s, AC’s, PDU’s, Transformers (including utility transformer dedicated to DC) and other data center equipment being removed.
Asset Disconnect & Removal Scope of work:
Iron Flag Power Systems completed the following scope of work. Electrically & mechanically disconnected, de-installed and removed the assets listed. Client had their electrician disconnect and safe off equipment. All cabling was left for IFPS to pull.
- Orderly removed gen-sets including crane & rigging.
- Removed ancillary equipment and systems, including evacuation of diesel fuel.
- Removed CRACs and RTU’s – evacuated refrigerants & Glycol
- Orderly removed all lead acid batteries – Proper PPE gear & recycling
- Removed raised access flooring, and underfloor material, and broom swept.
- Ensured the proper disposition of materials documented compliance with all state, federal, and local environmental laws and regulations
- Ensured the safe removal, transport, and handling of materials to licensed recycling operations
- Data center and generator yard were broom cleaned
IFPS de-installed and took possession of the equipment listed.
IFPS provided insurance, and was responsible for collecting the insurance of all subcontractors. Glycol piping and electrical conduit were removed – except for runs that were inaccessible (above drop ceiling, in between walls and floor, and/or obstructed by sprinkler lines or ducting
FPS removed, packaged, transported and disposed of hazardous material according to local state and federal requirements. IFPS provided trash disposal, equipment for removal, and trucks for freight. Electrical feeders, and copper piping associated with the data center were removed and recycled. Equipment was purchased in “as is” condition with no warranty expressed or implied.
Client ensured all equipment/material is free from any liens and/or encumbrances. IFPS was not responsible for any electrical or mechanical retrofit or reinstallation of any equipment to the current facility. Work was performed during normal business hours.
How to Get an Estimate
Getting an estimate is simple! Either fill out the simple form on the left,
or use the contact information on the right to get in touch with us.
Get an Instant Quote
Questions? Contact Us.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What if my generator isn’t in working condition?
A: We can still make you an offer – we’ll just have a few extra questions to ask you.
Q: What geographic area do you serve?
A: We’ll pick up generators anywhere in the United States, and possibly more.
Q: My generator is in a hard to reach space (like a roof or basement) – are you still interested?
A: Yes! We accept your challenge and will move and load the generator as part of our all-inclusive service.